sf // omnivore + mill + an embroidery class


A few weekends ago, Mom came to visit me in my new city! Here's a snippet of our Friday afternoon together (more soon to come).

After getting off work, I meet Mom at the SFMoMA shop and we take the bus to Noe Valley, which I'd never really gone around to exploring before. Our first stop is Omnivore Books, a shop specializing in new and used cookbooks. (I can't imagine what state Anya would be in if I took her there!)



Omnivore Books

Omnivore Books

Omnivore Books

Omnivore Books

Omnivore Books

Omnivore Books

We then walk along Church Street, admiring the charming pastel-toned townhouses and the lush palm trees, which I've yet to accustom to. As we turn on 24th, we notice a well-curated storefront and decide to pop in for a peek. This boutique, Mill, features an array of quality clothing and home accessories. There's even an entire Aesop corner, which, as you can see, I simply can't resist photographing.

Mill Mercantile

Mill Mercantile







At 6pm, we make it just in time to an embroidery class I booked for us on Verlocal. The class is located in a shared artist studio space on Alabama Street, near 20th. Our lovely host, Jenny, is a multi-talented seamstress and textile artist. I had actually seen her just the week before, as she was selling some of her adorable handmade Jenny Lemons shirts at Brit + Co's Re:Make festival! Small world.

With patience and humor, Jenny teaches our cozy group a set of seven embroidery stitches, including the classic running stitch, backstitch and satin stitch. We end the class by learning how to make French knots, which Mom immediately falls in love with (possibly because she's French, but most likely because they're super cute). Mom will definitely have to come back to take Jenny's macrame class!


Embroidery

Embroidery

Embroidery

No comments:

Post a Comment