mtl // blueboy


And...here's for another crazy delayed entry. If you've been following this blog, you're probably wondering where the hell I've been these past few days - Montreal? Hudson? Manhattan? And what this about San Francisco, now? Long story short, I'm just catching up on posts that should have been written weeks, sometimes months, ago. Some even go as far back as February, I think.

Anyway, this outing actually took place sometime mid-July, on the hottest day I've ever experienced in Montreal. So hot, in fact, that Joyce and I were drenched in sweat by the time we made it to Cacique Grill, the Venezuelan spot at which we met for dinner. There was no AC, which I normally wouldn't complain about, except this wasn't a normal day for Montreal, weather-wise. We bore the heat, though, and enjoyed delicious arepas while catching up on Joyce's recent trip to London.

There was no way we were getting anything other than ice cream for dessert. The only problem being that our two favorite places - Crémerie Meu Meu and Ripples - had neither seating nor AC. We melted our way along Avenue Mont Royal, desperately looking for any place that may meet our basic criteria. That's when we found Blueboy, as one would find an oasis in the dessert. And it wasn't even a mirage.

This 1950's inspired establishment offers self-serve fro-yo, a kind of indie Yeh or 16 Handles, if you will. All the frozen yogurt is homemade daily, and the selection of sauces is truly impressive (Mexican chocolate? Praline? Sign me up!). The topping bar, too, is worth mentioning. You'll find the classics like crushed Oreos, alongside more gourmet options such as cotton candy, zebra chocolate and wafers. True to our respective selves, Joyce creates a random but colorful assortment of fro-yo and toppings, while I curate a monochromatic bowl of chocolate-themed goodness.

Bring your student ID for a discount!

Oh yeah, and don't mind the photo of the dead bird. I was terribly sad when I stumbled upon it on Duluth near the park, but it actually made a nice shot. Don't know what I was thinking there.









No comments:

Post a Comment