aux vivres // boucle & papier // le pourvoyeur


The 'rents drove me up to Montreal last Friday, and we spent the weekend here together before the start of my last year of undergrad (unreal, I know). Our plans included a walk through the Mile-End, cheese shopping at Jean-Talon market, food, more food and quality time with my roommates.

Here are the highlights:


Already love Lola Rosa, and looking to expand your meat-free diet horizons? Check out Aux Vivres, my favorite vegan place in Montreal. The first time I went here was on a first date (which is kind of cool, now that I think about it). I have such fond memories of the coconut BLT that I practically force my dad to try it himself. For someone who had had negative experiences with vegan dishes in the past, he is very pleasantly surprised. This time, I try the Mekong Sandwich, filled with fresh veggies and sweet marinated tofu. Also, those are the biggest f-ing wraps you will ever have. Expect to come out of Aux Vivres pregnant with a meatless baby.

My mom gets the Huevos Rancheros, made with scrambled tofu and served with delicious sweet potatoes and guac'.

Let's not forget the Banana-Chocolate Tart we share for dessert. With its subtle coconut crust and banana flavor, its a definite crowd-pleaser. I also recommend the Carrot Cake, my usual dessert order.






I'm assuming this beautiful stationary shop is a new addition to the neighborhood, because I haven't seen it before. If you're as obsessed with paper goods and office accessories as I am, Boucle & Papier may get a little overwhelming. The shop's beautiful selection of stationary cards, calendars and decorative objects will be a sensory overload for the visually inclined. If you're looking for a birthday gift for that crafty friend of yours, this is the place.

Boucle & Papier in Montreal

Boucle & Papier in Montreal

Boucle & Papier in Montreal

Boucle & Papier in Montreal

Boucle & Papier in Montreal

Boucle & Papier in Montreal



Jean-Talon is home to dozens of eateries. Whether you want something to go, a quick lunch in the middle of the marketplace or a sit-down restaurant, the options are plenty. Le Pourvoyeur belongs to the latter category of food spots: it's a layed-back place just on the market. In fact, all the dishes are made with ingredients coming straight from the surrounding vendors. As such, the salads are super fresh, and the cheese of excellent quality. Last time we ate here, Olympe ordered the decadent and scrumptious Poutine Déjeuner Lendemain de Veille, which is topped with an egg and some bacon. I highly recommend for a weekend brunch!

Le Pourvoyeur at Jean Talon Market in Montreal

Le Pourvoyeur at Jean Talon Market in Montreal          Le Pourvoyeur at Jean Talon Market in Montreal

Le Pourvoyeur at Jean Talon Market in Montreal

Le Pourvoyeur at Jean Talon Market in Montreal

No comments:

Post a Comment