a salad of favorite things

 

I may have mentioned this the last time I posted a recipe, but I’ll say it again: I’m a lazy-ass cook. Just because I can spend hours looking for delicious recipes on Pinterest and reading my mom’s old Elle à Table magazines doesn’t mean I actually make them. Part of the reason I rarely cook is the fact I’ve been on university meal plans for the past two years. So apart from throwing oatmeal in the microwave or preparing a cup of tea, I haven’t had many occasions to put my modest cooking skills to the test.

During the summer time, however, I have a little more time to spare (barely, though). And with the tropical NYC weather, I often find myself craving a fresh salad. So here’s one I made the other day. It features sweet potatoes, pears and blue cheese, three of my all-time favorite ingredients. I’ve included my very approximate recipe below!

ingredients (2-3 servings)
handful of crumbled blue cheese
1 pear (sliced)
2 sweet potatoes (cooked in the microwave for 5min and diced)
mixed greens
roasted hazelnuts
ginger dressing

You can also make your own ‘salad of favorite things’ by using the following ingredients:

ingredients
handful of your favorite cheese, cubed, shaved or crumbled
your favorite fruit (unless it’s something that’s not salad-appropriate - I’m thinking bananas)
your favorite carb (pasta, quinoa, potato, rice...)
your favorite greens
your favorite nuts
your favorite dressing

I told you it was easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment